Monday, March 23, 2009

Vacations aren't for sissies......

Seriously. Going somewhere for spring break sounded like a GRAND plan. Especially back in August, when we decided that, newly constrained by Dexter's school schedule, we would be ready to get outta dodge come spring.

And really, it ** does** sound like a great idea. A week of no plans, beach, warm weather! What's not to love??

Except the whole getting ready for the trip? Yeah, that part? Notsomuch. I love to travel. And we'll have a great time when we get there.

I'm just rusty on the packing.

Cut me some slack! It's the first time we've gone anywhere since AUGUST. AUGUST, people!! Do you realize that we haven't set foot in a hotel in nearly SEVEN months?!?! That might be a new family record. Seven months. My kids, when asked what they're doing for spring break, shout "We goind to a OTEL!!!! Oh, and dere bill be sand dere, too."

But first, little ones, Mommy must pack. But never you fear, I will power on.

I may be rusty, but I'm no sissy!!!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena