Thursday, February 07, 2008

Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness

The title of today's entry is brought to you by Richard Carlson. I don't know who he is, and I don't know if he did something amazing or historical. I do think, though, he must have spent some time in my life recently, though!

I've been missing more than not lately. Sorry about that.

I'm having difficulty finding anything newsworthy or even slightly humorous in the kicking, hitting, pinching, spitting, biting, screaming, whining and crying that has taken over in this house. You know it's bad when Bonnie and Clyde's MDO teacher says "Yep, they were horrible." This woman is as sweet as pie, and they've worn through her already. There are three months of school left!!!! Have mercy..........

Additionally, Dexter's kindergarten "situation" still hasn't been resolved. (The situation being that we don't know where he'll be attending said kindergarten.) We're praying for the best (an opening - he's currently top of the waiting list!) and preparing for the very real possibility that there just won't be movement within the current roster and spot may not open up. To that end, I've gotten all the details on registration at the elementary school across the way, and have a plan B for preschool for Bonnie and Clyde, should Dex be assigned to afternoon K.

Add in a dash of overscheduled and a pinch of marital communication issues, and well, there you have it.

If stress is, indeed, a more socially accepted disease, I'm a popular gal!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena