Sunday, January 06, 2008

Promise

I'm finally getting around to uploading my CDs to iTunes. This is complicated slightly by the fact that my drive is a little finicky (wouldn't *you* be if a 2 year old dropped you on YOUR head?). I've figured out what I need to do to make it work, but it's frustrating, nonetheless. (as is the red pen on my screen - same 2 year old......hmmm, think he needs to stay away from mommy's laptop?!?!)

Anyway - I'm nearing the end of the pile for today, I discovered a CD I'd forgotten I'd picked up during our last trip to Disney in November.

Let me backtrack a little.

I'm not really a big cry-er. In fact, the types of things that make most mommies tear up touch me, but don't actually make me cry. Ever. It was actually something I stressed out about the first time around. Now I know, I'm just not a cry-er.

But, there are a handful of things that make me cry every.single.time. And they're not normal things. They're things like commercials from AT&T, or a news story. Or fireworks.

Yep, fireworks. Specifically, Disney fireworks. And of all the Disney fireworks, the Epcot IllumiNations show makes me cry. Every time.

And in my stack of CDs, I (re)discovered the soundtrack from this show. I love it. The two vocal songs are so touching, so true, so EXACTLY what I dream of for my children, that really, I can't imagine how someone WOULDN'T cry when they hear them.

The one song, in particular, is named "Promise" by Kellie Coffey. And every time I hear it at Epcot, I'm surrounded by my husband and children, and I think "yes! This, this is why I'm a mom, a wife, a friend."

It's a nice anthem, don't you think?

Promise
every evening brings an ending
every day becomes a legacy
every sunset leads to morning
with the promise of opportunity
we can reach for the stars we find along the way
dreaming as we learn to love every day
promise you will take my hand
as tomorrow comes, we'll go on

we'll go on growing closer through the years
moving on through the good times and the tears
ever on another 1,000 circles 'round the sun
if two can be as one, we'll go on

there is music if you listen
in the rhythm of each breath we take
destinations undiscovered
revelations from every choice we make
and I know there are diamonds dancing in the sky
all we have to do is open our eyes
promise we'll walk side by side
as a new day dawns we'll go on

a new life has begun
the two of us as one
and we live to keep the promise,
we'll go on........

No comments:

 

Made by Lena