Saturday, January 05, 2008

When a good daughter has a bad memory

Um, yeah.

Today is my father's 60th birthday. Great! Amazing! Wonderful! A sure cause for celebration, because he's a wonderful man who has accomplished wonderful things in his life.

Problem?

I thought it was next year.

So, while in my mind I had an entire year left to plan a great celebration, I really have, ahhh, 7 hours. And my mom already has 90% of the planning done and food purchased for a small family dinner tonight. So, it won't be what it would be had I realized my faux pas, say, a month ago, but it'll be ok.

It is always ok. Because really, that's the only option, right?

So, in case I also forget to say it tonight, Dad, Happy Birthday. I love you, and though our history is anything but perfect, it has shaped me into who I am today, and I owe you an undying debt of gratitude.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena